Terms and Conditions
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice (see below), which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Slaidburn Silver Band and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Slaidburn Silver Band. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Slaidburn Silver Band takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This Policy is subject to all applicable laws and may change from time to time. Any changes will be made to this Policy and published on the website.
What Personal Data do we collect?
Information that the Band may collect about you may include personal details, including;
• Name, as supplied via the Contact form
• Email address, as supplied via the Contact form
• Telephone number, as supplied via the Contact form
• Extra details or preferences, such as any organisation that you represent, as disclosed via the Contact form
The above also apply to written communications made to the Band.
We will not seek any further data from any other source, unless an express permission is given by you.
How does the Band use this information?
How the Band will use your information may include;
• The information is used to identify you and to ensure that your details are correct and up to date
• It is used to contact you as appropriate with your requirements.
• In the event of gifts made by you and if permission is granted by you, to calculate and report Gift Aid Donations.
• The information you give may be used by the Band to direct their music content or to improve our website.
What are the legal reasons for using the information?
These are currently limited to making returns to The Charity Commission (Slaidburn Silver Band is a registered charity, number 510302), if required, or in the event of Gift Aid Donations to Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise, to claim the relief.
The Band is committed to ensuring that your data is kept securely and confidential. The protocols include electronic, physical and managerial procedures. We regularly review our protocols and update and improve them as required and advised.
How long will your data be kept for?
The data you provide will be kept for as long as you have dealings with the Band. Should that relationship lapse or be severed, then your data will be destroyed after a length of time appropriate to the nature of the contact. In any case, redundant data will be destroyed in accordance with such laws, requirements or practises that are current.
Will your data be shared?
Any data that you provide will be used solely by the Band in accordance with your wishes and agreement, whether that is via this website, documentary or verbal. Your information will not be shared, sold, leased or distributed with any third party, unless your expressed wishes are that it is shared and then, only in the way that you indicate.
How can I find out what information the Band has about me?
You have legal rights, under the Data Protection Act 1998 and its amendments. You can contact us, via the Contact page, to request a copy of the details that the holds about you, if any. It will be provided free of charge.
What rights do I have regarding the information held about me?
If the information held about you is incorrect or incomplete, then on being informed of any record error we have a legal duty to correct it.
You may also request, in certain circumstances, that the information is deleted, transferred or that access be restricted.
Again, please use the Contact form on this website to establish communications.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy may be updated at any time as required by law or on advice. These changes will be operative when this Policy is published, via this website.
This version was published 21st October 2019.
This website and its content is copyright of Slaidburn Silver Band - © Slaidburn Silver Band 2022. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
• you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.